The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Current time: 06-28-2022, 09:37 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

New to Bass fishing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Folks

Walter is the name and I am very new to bass fishing.
In fact to be totally honest, I have never caught a bass in my life.

I stay in the Vaal triangle and spend one day a week fishing.
Generally pap gooi.
I have tried catching bass at Rietvlei farm dam in Alberton but with no success.
But it is not the venue that does not yield the fish as I see everyone else catching but just not me.

So I made a decision that I simply am not a bass bank angler and went and bought a bass boat.
Yep, I must be the only bass angler in the country with a bass boat that has never caught a bass.
To make matters worse, I went out to buy a bass boat and came home with two.

My wife preferred the Splash bass series 1 and I preferred the Splash bass series 2. As the owner was selling both at a very good price we took both. I will decide which one serves me better then probably sell the other one.

So now I am the only bass angler in the country with two bass boats that has not yet caught a bass.
But that is why I am here. There must be one person on this site that will take pity on my and guide me.  I have two bass rods and bags of lures and rubber thingies.

I believe that you get three types of bass anglers. The froggers, the hard bait guys (Rapalas), and the plastic guys. I have tried all.

I do not have my Skippers yet and am looking to do it at my earliest convenience. Please be patient with me as I do not know any bass acronyms yet. I will also be asking for your carefully guarded secrets. I will not be adding any value to the forum at present, but hope to add at a later date.

The only other forum that I belong to is the 4X4 Community and if there is anyone from the 4X4 community, please say hi.

Give me a few days to see what equipment I have. I will then add to my post and take any comments regarding what I would need to perfect my kit.

My first question however is: Is there bass in the Vaal river?
and Where do you launch?
Walter Kutcher

Messages In This Thread
New to Bass fishing - by WalterK - 04-25-2018, 07:12 PM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Riprap - 04-26-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Jim_From_Zim - 04-26-2018, 08:24 AM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Riprap - 04-26-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Jim_From_Zim - 04-26-2018, 11:35 AM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Goose101 - 04-26-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by WalterK - 04-26-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by Navrik - 04-26-2018, 08:56 PM
RE: New to Bass fishing - by WalterK - 04-26-2018, 09:48 PM