Current time: 09-26-2017, 08:16 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

Report website bugs here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There have been 1 or 2 guys experiencing problems with the new website, especially with regard to display issues in the forums, although fortunately there haven't been many. We are asking you to please post any problems that you encounter here so that we can attend to them. Please try to be as specific as possible and attach a screenshot if you can, at the very least we need to know which browser you are using and the version (for example Internet Explorer 8 - to find out click the "help" button in the browser menu and then select "about Internet Explorer / Firefox / Safari etc"), also the address of the page that you were on when the error occurred.

Stuff like wanting the site to size to your screen resolution isn't a "bug" so this isn't the place to ask about it so if you would be so kind as to keep it to reporting problems rather than want to have's would be much appreciated. Maybe BM would consider putting up another post for that?
The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted span on this earth the hours spent in fishing ~Babylonian Proverb
BFSA
Thanks for this Bassassin. Also thanks from everyone on the forum for the exceptonal job you guys have done on this site.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
All looks good since downloading firefox. (I prefer my old google page but WTF)

Question - when I log in, how do I get to post a new topic? At the moment I open a posting and click on "New topic" - Is there a short cut?
Bombasstic Wrote:All looks good since downloading firefox. (I prefer my old google page but WTF)
You can still set Google as your home page....surf to Google...click Tools > Options > General > Use current page

Bombasstic Wrote:Question - when I log in, how do I get to post a new topic? At the moment I open a posting and click on "New topic" - Is there a short cut?
You can do it that way or you can click the "forum" link, choose the forum that you want to post in and then choose "new topic".
The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted span on this earth the hours spent in fishing ~Babylonian Proverb
"Report website bugs here!" ......... Bergie :blue-biggrin: :blue-lol: :blue-biggrin:
[Image: dbfa278d-72d0-4191-8a1b-dfc8df2ce222_zps5101ae66.jpg]
1) When you search, you cant go to the second or third page of the results, also when you open a forum from the results page, and you see its not what you have been looking for and click back, it gives an error and you have to start your search all over again.

2) Please put a button in the gallery area which says "upload another" after you just uploaded a pic so that you dont have to go to your profile aain and click on gallery again.

3) There seems to be a photo of Oom Ninja on COTM, that must be some sort of error :blue-badgrin: :blue-biggrin: :blue-badgrin: :blue-biggrin: :blue-badgrin: :blue-biggrin: nice catch Oom
One fish can change it all.....
BFSA
LOL @ Ninja!!! You took the words right out of my mouth boet!!!!

ROFL @ August... classic dude!!!!

:blue-cool: :blue-lol: :blue-lol:
Sometimes the fishing is so bad not even the liars catch anything!!!!
Nice one guy's ...Nice..... :blue-badgrin: :blue-biggrin: :blue-lol:
"I don't exagerate...I think big!"
Hey

Just some info on the search bug:

http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews...ght=search

I still have a resize bug on IE8
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Today at work I stumbled across something. The Clan report back didnt resize the pictures so I checked the dimensions - right click then properties and then OK. After pressing OK the report widened to the pics and none of the text was missing.
I then tried it on the Mofam report and again it worked. Abit of a schlep but hey it works.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
BFSA
None of these problems occur with Firefox and it's a much better browser :blue-biggrin: Put IE in the trash and hit delete. :blue-badgrin:
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
I use both but for some strange reason I cannot explan I still prefer IE. Not crazy about IE9 though. I still like my seperate boxes for URL and Search Text.

Maybe it is my intrinsict loyalty to Microsoft. I have developed a lot of software with Microsoft tools and sold a lot of PC and laptops with their operating system and Office packages installed.
Regards
Robert Jacobs
Yes,indeed.I also reported what I would do with bugs,but was censored(deleted)almost imediately,at least I shared for about a minute. :blue-badgrin: :blue-cry:
Just checked this morning and the Search bug is still with us.

More detail:

When I Search on the Forum for say "texas" the page loads and shows at the bottom that a few more pages are available. When you click on any of that numbers and empty page is return with no results.

It appears that Frogstar found the solution around the problem. I looks like the page numbers at the bottoms is hyper-linked to the wrong URL which does not load the next page correctly. I am not sure if you guys have control over which page gets loaded. This exact same bug was on the old site as well so it appears to be related.

I tested this on Firefox 5.0 as well just to make sure it is not an IE specific bug.
Regards
Robert Jacobs