Current time: 09-26-2017, 08:15 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Eddles

BFSA forum members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As at today, 8 July 2014, we have 2 466 registered members.
Of these members, 1 644 (66.7%) have never posted anything and for want of a better word here can be considered as "Roofkykers". That's 2/3 of the members!

Fair enough that perhaps some didn't re-register after the site had a glitch some time back and servers were moved but that's still a hell of a lot of inactive members on the database?
[Image: big_fish_eat_little_fish.jpg]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
BFSA
So one question is how to involve the silent majority. There is one particular practice on this site that to my mind might scare ppl off: the "IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!!" replies that greet first-time posters.

Surely there's a better method than the current method which verges on a rebuke. I don't see this type of welcome on other sites; local or international.

Maybe a quiet PM would be better.
Perhaps some okes think it silly that grown men argue and post such nonsense as majority of their input on the forum?
People come to the BFSA for different reasons. I'm here to share my experiences and learn from others. A Mutualy beneficial relationship. This in my opinion is the only way to go.

People just 100% roofkyking I personally see as leeches. A truly one-way relationship. Before somebody shoots me - I don't mean each and every single person needs to write an 1000 word article or a report back every weekend, but in the very least write a 'well done' or a short comment every now and again if somebody does take the effort to post something.

I have met several roofkykers at dams - when I asked them "how did you find out about this dam?" - with a massive grin on their faces informed me that they looked at the BFSA photos on the report backs and worked it out. Proud Roofkykers - They even called it by name. This I feel is wrong. I personally feel this is a (the) big reason vir people not posting reports etc.

I have been to 3 of the most friggen awesome unknown places in the last 2 months - but no report back because of the roofkykers. And yes you are more than welcome to inform me that i'm overly paranoid.

I will welcome BFSA to have a membership fee. Make it relatively high price. For every post you make (no matter how small) the less your yearly fee is for next year.
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
Ek stem saam. For me this site has become frustrating as there is very little if any useful information on it these days. Reports back are either from Mofam , Clanwilliam or other well known spots , or from "secret" spots. But I understand why this is so , like Bee said , this site is being abused by roofkykers.

We have to find a way of sharing information amongst trusted members , other than the usual pm's. Many of us ( yes , me also ) know of one or two awesome spots that are open to the public ( at least by appointment) that is not general knowledge. I am willing to share this information with the "ou manne" of the site , but no ways I am just posting it for everyone to see
Edit your signature here ... <a href="http://www.bassfishing.co.za/bassingnews/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature">Edit</a>
What puzzles me is why be a roofkyker? It's simple and rewarding enough to interact and make good pals while you at it and of course get useful info too.
[Image: Dreamfish.jpg]
BFSA
The sad thing is that this is a trend among bass sites and bass anglers in general. Remember Barney says "Sharing is caring..."

For me though I dont care if you withold certain info such as bait type or exact spots or depths but heck man...share the Flippen experience, make the effort and write a report back with a pic or two. I dont have an excuse barring that I have fished in ages and have been working like a slave for last 12 months STILL NO EXCUSE. I reckon it is time we all got a bit more active or what say you lot? And no the fact that you are a Stormers Supporter and are suffering from depression is not an acceptable excuse ! ; ))
Ryanie Wrote:And no the fact that you are a Stormers Supporter and are suffering from depression is not an acceptable excuse ! ; ))

Stormers 16 Bulls 0

Sharks 20 Cheetahs 27

Depression? Hell no try again! :blue-badgrin:
[Image: SignatureSmallBFSA_zps89bcf1e2.png]
MISSSTERRR SAMOOSA !!!! A valid point indeed and I shall not goad you or your fellow supporters anymore save to call your attention to the overall LOG!!! I thank you all for this indulgence and pray we return to the matter at hand namely " Roof Lookers" or "Site Sissies" as I like to call them.
I didn't mean to open a can of worms with this thread but thought it important enough to highlight what many of us are thinking. I still think that this site is more participatory than many others even with some humorous and not so much banter..........

It would appear some constructive solutions might be forthcoming, I hope. :eusa_think:
Why the hostility, I thought this site was for everyone to enjoy and for beginners to learn more about bass fishing. Everyone wants bass fishing to grow as a sport but on the other hand want to keep it exclusive to the old members. You are scaring the beginners away and preventing them from posting by your aggressive and hostile attitudes. Not everyone wants to make a contribution and some feel they don't have enough experience or knowledge to post.
BFSA
Hostile and aggressive? either Im stupid or cant read who was hostile or aggressive Rip purely gave to stats and stats dont lie and the other guys were purely expressing their feelings.

Over sensitive much?

Hope that was not too hostile?
Roy Wrote:
Ryanie Wrote:And no the fact that you are a Stormers Supporter and are suffering from depression is not an acceptable excuse ! ; ))

Stormers 16 Bulls 0

Sharks 20 Cheetahs 27

Geez that was a great comeback. :blue-biggrin:

Hope you guys are not going to spoil it for us on Saturday Roy ... :blue-sad:

At least the Sharks are still on the top of the SA Conference even though they play like idiots of late. :eusa_dance:
[Image: dbfa278d-72d0-4191-8a1b-dfc8df2ce222_zps5101ae66.jpg]
Ninja Wrote:
Roy Wrote:

Stormers 16 Bulls 0

Sharks 20 Cheetahs 27

Geez that was a great comeback. :blue-biggrin:

Hope you guys are not going to spoil it for us on Saturday Roy ... :blue-sad:

At least the Sharks are still on the top of the SA Conference even though they play like idiots of late. :eusa_dance:

LOL :blue-biggrin: You see no hostility
@Bassbear - you would need to clarify the hostility which I don't see anywhere? By the way, if a guy joined 6 years ago and posted once then he is not in the 1 644 of members who have never posted anything.

Further, perhaps unbeknown to you, this site used to be a paid site and the owners decided to open it up free for all.