Current time: 07-05-2022, 06:02 AM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Little Princess Vlei

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody fish little princess? What is the fishing like and do you dare tube there without waders?
Yes....awesome....and yes....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
Eeerrmm not now. Recent sewage spills due to load shedding have caused issues with water quality here. Algal blooms will probably follow soon.
Garnet Prince
[Image: ay55i0.png]
BuzzLiteBeer Wrote:Eeerrmm not now. Recent sewage spills due to load shedding have caused issues with water quality here. Algal blooms will probably follow soon.

Plenty fish coming out....and our legs have yet to fall off? Ask Madfish about his 2 sessions there last week....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
Good to hear Rory. No more dead fish around? Coliform counts are very high and I would worry more about turning yellow. (Hepatitis). :eusa_sick:
Garnet Prince
We float tubed there this evening, awesome weather and a few bass for our troubles.
What time you get off the water Edman?
Garnet Prince
We were there till 8pm, fished the top half with limited success on mainly plastics till dusk then got a few on plugs....were you there? any thoughts?
Edman Wrote:We were there till 8pm, fished the top half with limited success on mainly plastics till dusk then got a few on plugs....were you there? any thoughts?
No I wasn't. Maybe tomorrow but will be fishing with fly.
Garnet Prince
Ok great,

If I am down I will pop over to say hi
Howsit chaps. Weed-eater went through there on Wednesday and so water was extremely dirty over the whole dam - didn't catch a thing. Spoke to one of the guys with a house there and he also mentioned spills as a result of loadshedding - there has been a big drop in water quality in the last month. From crystal clear to very green and murky.

Other than that though, the fishing is usually good. Lots of small fish to be taken on plastics and on the surface in the evenings and mornings.
I saw the fresh piles on the bank on Friday morning. Was very quiet too.
Let's hope it clears up soon and the bite comes back.
Stopped by there for a few minutes after picking up a float tube. Thanks Nathan! The weeds are piled up all over the banks and the water is very dirty. Lots of floating weeds. At least it didn't have that raw sewage stink about it. Although that could've been cause the South easter was pumping.