Current time: 06-25-2022, 10:39 PM

Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Mossback

New potentail SA Record caught from Albert Falls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning all. Can anyone confirm the 7.3kg pig caught by a guy (Leon) from Albert falls which was doing the rounds on social media yesterday?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH....
he caught it early yesterday morning no a crank. he is not a sabaa member so could not register it. it was only him and his dad on the boat.
Could someone please explain the thinking behind only allowing SABAA members to hold SA-records.

I'm sure it's something I'll never have to struggle with but it does seem a bit arbitrary (considering, for one, that SABAA had nothing to do with the introduction of bass into the country).

I don't think IGFA mandates any sort of membership to an association, so if I went and caught a 12kg largie I could hold the world record but not the SA record.
Occasionally I use words I don't fully understand to make myself sound more photosynthesis.
It's the difference between an 'unofficial' and 'official' record. SABAA is the governing body of S A bass fishing. Makes perfect sense. You cannot claim to be the highest goal scorer in South African football by only playing soccer in the park on a Sunday afternoon....
[Image: fishingsignature.JPG]
Also, in order to claim an official world record you need to pay a fee to IGFA ( international game fish association ) effectively making you a member BEFORE the claim is lodged....
Morning All,

I do not see a problem with awarding a South African record to a non-SABAA person as long as that person has complied with all the requirements for registering/applying for a record (as Billy did ). After all a record is a record no matter who catches the fish. Is SABAA trying to make this an exclusive club or what ? I have also just seen Rory's last post about paying a fee for registering a record with IGFA. I would agree with paying a fee to SABAA for applying for a record.
Billybass is most certainly a SABAA member. That man is not about 'unofficial' records lol....
In my opinion if you have the fish weighed at a recognised weigh station it should be official.... Member or not you've caught and weighed it officially...
This appears to be a bit of a grey area. Nowhere in the SABAA Constitution or Angling Rules & Regulations is any mention made of who qualifies to register a SA Record for any of the bass species which occur here.
I'm not sure about the organisations to which SABAA is affiliated and perhaps someone could enlighten us in this regard?
Guys you do not have to be a SABAA member to register a record. you need to be a member of a club that is affiliated through an angling union to the national body.

There are 14 facets of angling in our country and as long as you are affiliated through your club to one of them you can register a record.

If you are a papgooier you will be affiliated to SAFBAF and are entitled to register a record bass as it is a target species of papgooiers as well.

Never the less.......What a slab of a fish!!!!
What a fish. Well done to the angler. :blue-cool:
The more I learn about fishing the more I realise
how much more I have to learn about fishing.
What a catch, a record in anyone's book!
[Image: dbfa278d-72d0-4191-8a1b-dfc8df2ce222_zps5101ae66.jpg]
Awesome catch that. Record or not, I'll take it NOW!!! Smile

For an IGFA record you don't need to be a member of any club. You just need to have the correct measurements, a registered scale (you can register your own scale afterwards) and a witness. As Rory said, you need to register with IGFA and apply for the record within 3months after the catch (if it is outside the USA, 2 months when inside). There are also a few other requirements, but these are the most important.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.adrenalinoutdoors.co.za">www.adrenalinoutdoors.co.za</a><!-- w -->

"The man who persists in casting will succeed in catching" - Capiez
Capiez Wrote:Awesome catch that. Record or not, I'll take it NOW!!! Smile

For an IGFA record you don't need to be a member of any club. You just need to have the correct measurements, a registered scale (you can register your own scale afterwards) and a witness. As Rory said, you need to register with IGFA and apply for the record within 3months after the catch (if it is outside the USA, 2 months when inside). There are also a few other requirements, but these are the most important.

Spoken like an IGFA record holder :blue-biggrin:

Have you okes noticed that ever since Capiez moved to the WC, you okes don't allow him to get many words in! :lol: