Hello There, Guest! Register
facebook
Instagram
Picasso

Stanford

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon all

I am new to the forum and was wondering I am off to Stanford this weekend and apart from the little dam in Stanford itself is there any other areas of Stanford to catch..... or rather try to catch the old bass fishies. I did try the river a while ago but only caught a cold. On that note is there a specific area of the river which is better.

Any advice will help this novice.
Thanks
Welcome Ratkas. I am sure someone will respond. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
Regards Robert Jacobs
Well I started fishing about 6 years ago as I needed something to do while drinking beer. I tried the carp thing but found that a bit boring. Then started fishing at Clan more often and really enjoyed the fight that bass give. I am a total novice at this point but have decided to take it a bit more seriously as I would like to do it more often. I have fished the FPS bass classic a couple of times and enjoyed it.
I joined the forum as I don't know anyone with lots of experience to bounce questions and ideas off of all be it bad ideas. :blue-biggrin:
Anyway thats me in a nut shell.
Thanks Ratkas. Lots of good info on here. Don't be scared to ask.
Regards Robert Jacobs
Welcome ... like your handle "Ratkas". It is was the name of an old army buddy of mine in the Army back in the early 80's :blue-biggrin:
[Image: dbfa278d-72d0-4191-8a1b-dfc8df2ce222_zps5101ae66.jpg]
Afternoon all

Just some info the dam in Stanford does have some nice bass in it fished for about 2 hrs on Sunday caught 4 good bass biggest was just over 2kgs. Battled a bit with the lilly pads as I was fishing from the side but was good fun.

Cheers
Some pics? Thanks for the info. I spend some weeks of the year at Hermanus, so next time I'm in the area I will definitely make a turn at this place.